Monday 6 March 2017

Cape Wrath Trail

I am planning to walk the Cape Wrath Trail from Fort William to Cape Wrath between April 22nd and May 18th. I hope to include some Munros that I haven't done yet on the way:

Meall Buidhe (Knoydart)
Beinn Liath Mhor (Torridon)
Sgorr Ruadh
Beinn a' Chlaidheimh (actually no longer a Munro technically but was when I first started on them)
Mullach Choire Mhic Fhearchair
Sgurr Ban (Letterewe)

As well as camping, I will be staying in bothies, bunkhouses and hotels. I will be posting supplies to my accomodation whenever possible and Dorothy will be joining me for a week.

This map shows where I will be walking and where I am staying:



I plan to get the train to Fort William and bus then train back from Durness.

I am really enjoying planning it all out and I have been doing a lot of thinking about what to take with me. It isn't easy balancing what you might need with its weight. Based on my current list, I'll be wearing about 3 kg and carrying about 13 kg. On days when I have several nights camping or bothying then I'll be carrying a bit more to start off with, but less on other days.

I am following the route recommended in the Cicerone Guide, for which there is an excellent website.

I am hoping to update the blog as I go along. Here is a photo I took on a family holiday several years ago from Sandwood Bay, which is near the end.

Am Buchaille from Sandwood Bay



No comments:

Post a Comment